Abigail Roux - Cut & Run

Forum o knjigah in serijah, ki spadajo pod kategorijo romantika in knjige za odrasle.
Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan
Opravljen bralni izziv 2018

Re: Abigail Roux - Cut & Run

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 20 maj 2013, 12:45

Kakšna velika razlika v ceni! :shock: No, ko bo pač bo, upam, da čimprej, ampak bomo mogli bit potrpežljivi (easier said than done :lol: ). Hvala skyline, da spremljaš in nam boš poslala! :)

Ja Illy, marca 2014. Bodi vesela, da maš še celo T&G za prebrat! Boš mela kakšna dva meseca krajše čakanje, kot me, ki smo že aprila prebrale! :mrgreen:
"Sticks and stones may build your homes, but words will lift your spirits."
Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban

Uporabnikov avatar
Spicey
Human

PrispevekNapisal/-a Spicey » 20 maj 2013, 14:29

Hahaha Morrigan a si ti tud rabla fix? Jz zdej res ful počas berem, pa grem kakšne odlomke dvakrat brat - počas in na izi uživam v branju :024: Skyline hvala še z moje strani :106:

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 20 maj 2013, 16:23

Sej veš, da sem ga rabla! :-D To se pogosto zgodi, sploh če sem slabe volje, me vedno spravita v dobro.

Drugač je pa danes Abijin rojstni dan. :)

Uporabnikov avatar
illy
Siren

PrispevekNapisal/-a illy » 22 maj 2013, 13:12

Končala T&G. ne. neee. Ne. NE. NEE! Ne more tko knjige končat no!! Tale knjiga me je najbolj zrukala od vseh, najbolj čustvena je bla..prou emotional rollercoaster. Gaaaah i need to collect my thoughts. ne no.. :shock:
Reading is dreaming with open eyes..
I do not want to just read books; I want to climb inside them and live there.

Uporabnikov avatar
Spicey
Human

PrispevekNapisal/-a Spicey » 22 maj 2013, 13:34

Jz sm rabila par dni da sem se k seb spravla po T&G in da sem lahko napisala kšn konkreten review :019:

Uporabnikov avatar
illy
Siren

PrispevekNapisal/-a illy » 22 maj 2013, 13:42

ja sej..jst ne vem kako nej grem naprej še kej brat..they've ruined me for the other books! buuuuut, why can't they be real :016: can someone make Ty & Zane real :-D ?
Reading is dreaming with open eyes..
I do not want to just read books; I want to climb inside them and live there.

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 24 maj 2013, 17:50

Nick raised an eyebrow. “You sure?”
Kelly nodded and grinned. “Are you too butch to cuddle?”
Shock & Awe

Iiiin... veste kakšna čast me je doletela? Da vam povem naslov 8. knjige C&R:

Ball & Chain

:024:

Čeprav ne zgleda glih optimistično :025:

Uporabnikov avatar
Spicey
Human

PrispevekNapisal/-a Spicey » 24 maj 2013, 19:16

Jaaaaaaa sem videla že zjutri, pa mi ni uspelo objavit. :jupi: :016:

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 24 maj 2013, 19:53

Haha, potem sem pa še posebej prave besede uporabla - sem res mela čast da lahk to napišem. :lol:

Joj, ko bi se datum izdaje prestavil kej bližje! :016:

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 25 maj 2013, 13:20

Kelly narrowed his eyes, a smile flitting across his lips. “You’re going to look for the exit at every turn, aren’t you?”
Nick huffed.
Kelly began to unbutton his shirt. “Well there ain’t no exits on this ride, babe, ’cause I know all your tricks.
Shock & Awe

Še ena zanimivost:

Po Abijih originalnih načrtih bi Nick umrl... "He would have died saving Zane."

Za pretirano obsedene pa še copy-paste iz bloga o tem, kako so team Sidewinder dobili imena:

The minion confession I just reblogged got me thinking. I get inspiration for character names from everywhere, and while I honest to God can’t remember where Ty’s name came from, there are other characters I do remember. Sidewinder is easy because, frankly, it was almost all done in less than ten minutes.

While writing Divide & Conquer, Sidewinder’s appearance had been planned well in advance. What hadn’t been planned were the names of the characters. The scene where they appeared had to be written before I was really prepared for it because of our clashing schedules and an approaching deadline, so I had to come up with names. Fast.

The name Nick O’Flaherty had already been presented in Sticks & Stones. (Fun Fact: Nick has been mentioned in every single book, save for one.) It was a passing mention, and though I knew Nick’s name and background since his very first appearance (a phone call in Cut & Run where his name wasn’t even used) I needed his last name. An Irish last name, but one that wasn’t overly common. And again, I needed it fast.

So I plucked one of my favorite names ever right out of the baseball game I was watching at the time. When you wonder who Nick O’Flaherty’s namesake is, look no farther than the Atlanta Braves and (currently injured) relief pitcher Eric O’Flaherty.

That’s right anonymous minion who watched the Braves to hear the name said, you found the exact person who inspired the name.

Digger came next. The nickname was one I’d always loved, and in fact when I was pregnant one of the choices on our list was a name whose initials would be DGR if we had a boy. So I named him Digger, and then went searching for the most unpronouncable, oddly spelled Cajun/French names I could find.

Owen was the next one named, and I chose the name Owen because my cousin had just named her little boy that and I liked it. I was getting a little desperate for name ideas at this point. I don’t remember where the last name Johns came from, but now I suspect that it might have been Pitch Black. I don’t know.

Kelly was the last one named. I knew he was the medic, and I knew he was imperturbable and laid back. I knew he’d mostly be called Doc, and frankly, I knew he was going to die. I don’t know where Abbott came from, but based on my knowledge of the way I often scrounge for names, and the spelling that begins with Abb, I am assuming it was the first name on a list of surnames I Googled somewhere. LOL I don’t know. The first name Kelly was another baseball name. I was yet again watching the Braves, and their second baseman at the time was Kelly Johnson. He’s no longer with the Braves, but he was a player who was never rattled, never showed much emotion, and kind of always looked a little high. It seemed fitting.

This is all typical of how I name my side characters. Main characters I actually research, making sure the name fits the time, region, and background of the character. Side characters … well, you can bet there’s more than one baseball player out there who’s been inspiration for one.

Vrni se na

Kdo je prisoten

Po forumu brska:: Ni registriranih uporabnikov in 1 gost