Abigail Roux - Cut & Run

Forum o knjigah in serijah, ki spadajo pod kategorijo romantika in knjige za odrasle.
Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

Re: Abigail Roux - Cut & Run

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 08 nov 2013, 20:19

I'm in love... again... I'm so deeply in love right now... :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022:

aja, mal novičk še... abi napisala:

The idea for Nick and Kelly to become a couple and have their own series was not truly mine. Anyone who follows me will probably know how that happened. After the release of Touch & Geaux, the 7th book of the Cut & Run series, I was practically inundated with questions about Nick, Kelly, and their relationship.

I had no clue what people were talking about. Were Nick and Kelly supposed to have that undercurrent to them? Were they getting their own story? Are we supposed to be shipping them?! I was lost. So I read the bits of Nick and Kelly’s interaction in the book again, and I was floored. They had chemistry. A lot of it. Accidental chemistry, but chemistry all the same.

People were asking me for more of them, but they weren’t in my plans. In fact, Kelly was supposed to die in Touch & Geaux, something I’ll talk about later on in the tour. I liked the idea of them as a couple, though, because it’s a specific kind of relationship I’ve never tried my hand at writing, and I love both their characters. I took advantage of a contest I was in to offer a sort of alternate universe Nick and Kelly scene as a reward. I wanted to write it, but I guess I needed a reason beyond just wanting to in order to convince myself to do it.

Well, I won that contest, and so I had to deliver the scene. It wound up going far longer than I anticipated, and I found depth to the characters I hadn’t even realized was there. These characters literally wrote themselves onto the page, forced themselves into a story, and demanded they get their way. I can’t honestly say I’ve ever had that happen to me before. By the time I released that reward scene, I told readers to consider it series canon.

I knew I had to keep going. If I enjoyed these two as much as I did, readers would too. So I took the idea to Rachel, my evil editor at Riptide, and basically gave her puppy dog eyes and asked if I could write them. And the Sidewinder Series was born. It will indeed be a series, one that will weave in and out of the current universe and hopefully keep us all in touch with characters we’ve known for 7 books now.

The problem we ran into was the length of the story. It couldn’t be long because Nick and Kelly are still caught in Ty and Zane’s web, but we wanted the book to be in paperback, to be able to add it to the bookshelf with the others. That’s why Shock & Awe is actually two stories in one. It needed a little something extra to make it worth printing. Bait & Switch is a short that’s included with both the paperback and the ebook, and it’s nothing more than a continuation (a very necessary one if you ask me) of Shock & Awe. You can look at them as two separate stories, or one longer one. But I have a ton of these ampersand titles to run through, so . . .

And that, in a thousand words or less, is how Nick and Kelly came to be. I can’t reveal what kind of format the Sidewinder Series will wind up being because I haven’t actually decided yet. Novels put out every year like the Cut & Run series, or novellas that come more often? I don’t know. Maybe it will be a mix. But I can tell you it is something I’m so excited about that I can’t wait to start writing it. Nick and Kelly are a couple that is very nearly polar opposite to Ty and Zane, and I think they’re exactly what readers need at this stage in the series. They should prove to be fun and different, and that’s something that will always get my attention. I hope it gets yours too.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAA ABI, WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :022: :022: :022: :022: :022: :022:
When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.
Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I'm not sure about the universe.
If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan
Opravljen bralni izziv 2018

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 09 nov 2013, 19:16

Sem prebrala. Še ena odlično napisana knjiga. Res, Abi me z vsako novo knjigo navduši. Kelly in Nick sta mi bila tudi postala všeč, čeprav moram priznat da sem malo dvomila v to. No Nick bolj kot Kelly. Ampak ne morem pa rečt, da sta kjerkoli blizu Tyu in Zaneu :D . Ali pa na primer Danu in Vadimu. Ne morem si pomagat, hate turned to love bo vedno moja najljubša tematika :D . Je pa novela res dobro napisana. Dialog je vrhunski, tak kot mi je že v vseh prejšnjih njenih knjigah všeč. Obe glavni osebi sta dobro razviti, oziroma se dobro razvijata in mislim, da lahko od naslednjih knjig ogromno pričakujemo. Moj najljubši del je seveda bil na letališču (sem najprej napisala pokopališču - še dobro da sem šla še enkrat brat :109: :lol: ). Tak heartbreaking je bilo, ko so šli vsi na letalo, Zane in Kelly sta pa ostala :th_cry: . Kje je še marec in osma knjiga? Ne morem niti povedat kak zelo komaj čakam nanjo!
"Sticks and stones may build your homes, but words will lift your spirits."
Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban

Uporabnikov avatar
illy
Siren

PrispevekNapisal/-a illy » 10 nov 2013, 13:22

Omg omg omg omg :020: :020: :024: :024:
Zakaj sem šla zdaj to brat?! It just reminded me how much I miss Ty & Zane :th_cry: :th_cry: :th_cry:
Moram rect da mene tudi nista kaj pretirano pritegnila Nick in Kelly v C&R seriji, v S&A sta mi bila pa nora! It's official: Abigail Roux, I.Effing.Love.You! Ko bom mela čas grem probat dobit še kako njeno knjigo, ker vse kar sem do zdaj prebrala je blo ful dobro. But I want more :016:
Ja moram se zdej mal umirit..hjoooooj zdej sm spet čist zgubljena :? :zvizgac:
Reading is dreaming with open eyes..
I do not want to just read books; I want to climb inside them and live there.

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 10 nov 2013, 15:47

Sej te čist razumem Illy, jz sem tud izgubljena. Ne vem kaj nej zdej berem pa že tak nimam nekega bralnega mojota zadnje čase :? . Verjetno bom šla še stopetnajstič rereadat najboljše dele C&R serije. Prav smilim se sama sebi, rabim neko dobro knjigo!

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 19 nov 2013, 21:51

Kaj pravi Abi o B&C:

Not only is the blog tour coming to an end, but a few weeks ago I turned in book 8 of 9 in the Cut & Run series. The end of Ty and Zane will be upon us soon, and as apprehensive as I am about it, there’s a silver lining there. My plans for Ball & Chain, the 8th and penultimate book to the series, always included Nick being present. But when the monkey wrench was thrown into my works and Kelly and Nick became a couple, I had a problem.

How could I give them Shock & Awe, then send Nick off on a Ty and Zane adventure without Kelly?

It only took a little finagling with the plot to add Kelly into Ball & Chain, and he became a more important part of the story than I’d anticipated. Turns out people with medical training are handy when dead bodies start showing up!

“You said to bring a date and a gun,” Nick said with a crooked smile. “So I brought a date with a gun.” - from Ball & Chain.

But adding Kelly to the mix continued the trend started in Touch & Geaux of a semi-ensemble piece. It’s not truly an ensemble, because it’s still about Ty, Zane, and their relationship arc. But the series would sink if it were nine books like Cut & Run or Fish & Chips, where Ty and Zane are essentially on page at all times. So the FBI team and then Sidewinder floated through, Julian and Cameron were introduced, and family was floating on the periphery of Ty and Zane’s world. But Touch & Geaux was the first where the other characters stuck around through the whole thing.

Ball & Chain will be no different. With Ty and Zane finally on solid ground – and no that’s not a spoiler! – the tension has to come from somewhere else. And what better place to find that tension than a best friend whose loyalty has been shaken?

Readers who bypass Shock & Awe aren’t going to be lost reading Ball & Chain or the final book in the Cut & Run series, not by any means. But those who do choose to embark on Nick and Kelly’s journey with me will find another layer to the last two installments of Ty and Zane’s story, a layer I’m positive people will enjoy seeing.

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 20 nov 2013, 17:56

turned in book 8 of 9 in the Cut & Run series
a sam te dve še bota??????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:108: :108: :108: :108: :108: :108: :108: :108:
Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I'm not sure about the universe.
If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 20 nov 2013, 20:34

Ja :( . Sej to je že skoz rečeno. In se mi je vedno velik zdelo, ampak zdej ko se pa bližamo koncu mi je pa čist premalo. Kaj bom potem? :015:

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 14 dec 2013, 11:30

:jupi: :jupi: :jupi:

Slika

Home from their unexpected deployment, the former members of Marine Force Recon team Sidewinder rejoin their loved ones and try to pick up the pieces of the lives they were forced to leave behind. Ty Grady comes home to Zane Garrett, only to find that everything around him has changed—even the men he went to war with. He barely has time to adjust before his brother, Deuce, asks Ty to be his best man. But that isn’t all Deuce asks Ty to do, and Ty must call for backup to deal with the business issues of Deuce’s future father-in-law.

Nick O’Flaherty and Kelly Abbott join Ty and Zane at the wedding on an island in Scotland, thinking they’re there to assuage Deuce’s paranoia. But when bodies start dropping and boats start sinking, the four men get more involved with the festivities than they’d ever planned to.

With the clock ticking and the killer just as stuck on the isolated island as they are, Ty and Zane must navigate a veritable minefield of family, friends, and foes to stop the whole island from being destroyed.

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 14 dec 2013, 11:41

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

can't wait :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 28 dec 2013, 21:41

"Fuck first or talk first?” Kelly asked.
Nick pursed his lips, scowling in thought. “What if we go at it first then fall asleep and forget to talk? Then it’s still a problem in the morning.”
“Valid. But what if we wind up fighting about it? We’ll miss out on the fucking.”
“There’s always makeup sex.”
Kelly pointed at him. “Ooh, and angry sex.”
Nick’s eyebrows rose higher and he was obviously fighting a smile. “We’ve never had either. Might be fun.”
Kelly couldn’t keep from laughing any longer. He ran his hands over Nick’s chest. “Should I pick a fight?"

Sidewinder #2

Vrni se na

Kdo je prisoten

Po forumu brska: Ni registriranih uporabnikov in 3 gostov