Existence Trilogy - Abbi Glines

Forum o knjigah in serijah, ki spadajo pod kategorijo Znanstvena fantastika.
Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

Existence Trilogy - Abbi Glines

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 12 jan 2012, 13:21

Hmmmm... a je še kdo tk navdušen nad to bukvo, kot js? :oops:

Slika

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.
When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.
Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I'm not sure about the universe.
If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

Re: Existence Trilogy - Abbi Glines

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 12 jan 2012, 13:26

Se spomnite tega odlomka, tisti ki ste prebrali?

“What’s wrong?” a voice asked from my doorway. I shot straight up screaming. However, it died almost immediately when I saw Dank leaning against the door frame watching me.
“Dank.” I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart.
“Sorry, I didn’t realize you were so wound up about this,” he said, frowning and walking into the room. I sat back down on my bed and let out a shallow laugh.
“Well excuse me if strange souls showing up in my house, talking to me and touching me freak me out a little.” I shot him an accusatory look. “Then, I ask you about it and you curse into the darkness and get all angry.”
He walked over and sat down at the end of my bed. “I’m sorry about that. I shouldn’t have scared you that way.” There was no mistaking the concerned tone of his voice.
“Well, can you tell me what is happening, who she is?”
I asked. He shook his head and immediately turned his gaze away from me.
“No, that’s the only thing I can’t do for you. Ask me anything else in the world, Pagan, and I’ll make sure it’s yours but that I cannot do.” his voice sounded intense and pained at the same time. It disappointed me but I knew pushing the subject was pointless.
“Why are you here, then?” I asked remembering how less than an hour ago I’d left him in a corner booth with Kendra curled up against his side. He stood up and walked over to the window and stared outside.
“Until I know everything is fine...until I take care of what must be done, I’ll be spending the nights here in your room.” He turned back to me with a determined expression. “I have to protect you.” He motioned toward the door. “If you want to take that shower, I’ll make sure you’re completely safe while you do so.”
Heck yes, I wanted that shower. I started to get up and then sat back down, glaring at him. “Can you read my mind?” This wasn’t the first time he’d known what I was thinking.
He grinned wickedly at me. “Not exactly. It’s more like I can feel your fears so strongly I can hear them.” I nodded and thought of the time he’d chuckled where only I could hear him, as if he’d heard me in the cafeteria thinking about him and Kendra.
I stared back at him. “You heard me in the cafeteria when you were with Kendra, I wasn’t scared then.”
He raised his eyebrows slightly. “You weren’t?” My face grew warm and I turned and left the room before he could see me blush.

This is in Dank's POV.

Fear hung heavy in the air. Pagan was unaware I’d followed her home. She didn’t trust my promise to keep her safe. That simple truth infuriated me. Feeling fear was a part of my life. My presence created fear. I was immune to the familiar bitter taste it left in my mouth. But Pagan’s fear bothered me. I didn’t like it. I stood in her doorway watching as she nibbled on her bottom lip nervously. This was not how it was supposed to be. I’d saved her from death. Fear shouldn’t be an emotion she had to deal with anymore.
“What’s wrong?” I asked. Her scream died almost instantly as her eyes focused on me. “Dank,” she gasp pressing her hand against her heart. I could hear it racing inside her chest from across the room. “Sorry, I didn’t realize you were so wound up about this.”
I walked into the room, watching her closely as she sank back down onto the bed she’d jumped up from when I’d startled her.
“Well excuse me if strange souls showing up in my house, talking to me and touching me freak me out a little.” She shot me an accusatory look, “Then, I ask you about it and you curse into the darkness and get all angry.”Damn. It always came back to this. She wanted to know too much. Things I couldn’t tell her. I needed to keep her safe. Knowledge was dangerous. Needing to be near her, I sat down beside her on the small bed. The smell of honey warmed me. Her hair always smelled completely edible.
“I’m sorry about that. I shouldn’t have scared you that way.”
“Well, can you tell me what is happening, who she is?”
I shook my head turning my eyes away from her. If I let myself look into those pleading dark pools of hers, I’d cave. “No, that’s the only thing I can’t do for you. Ask me anything else in the world, Pagan, and I’ll make sure it’s yours but that I cannot do.”
She sighed and sat up straighter, “Why are you here, then?”
Because they were trying to fix what I’d done. They wouldn’t just leave it alone. I was Death. I could decide to allow life. It was my choice. I made it my choice. But I couldn’t tell her any of that. “Until I know everything is fine...until I take care of what must be done, I’ll be spending the nights here in your room.” I turned my eyes back to hers and held her gaze. I wanted her to understand that she had nothing to fear. “I have to protect you,” I paused then motioned toward the door, “If you want to take that shower, I’ll make sure you’re completely safe while you do so.”Relief came over her face then a small frown quickly replaced it. “Can you read my mind?”
She didn’t want me reading her thoughts. Interesting. “Not exactly. It’s more like I can feel your fears so strongly I can hear them.”
She studied me for a moment as if remembering something that confused her.
“You heard me in the cafeteria when you were with Kendra, I wasn’t scared then.”Ah, yes I felt her fear that day. I’d reveled in that fear. Knowing she cared about the blond flirting with me eased the ache in my chest caused from the sight of her snuggled up against Leif’s side.
“You weren’t?” I asked unable to keep the smirk off my face.
Her face turned an adorable shade of red before she spun around and rushed out of the room.
Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I'm not sure about the universe.
If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 12 jan 2012, 13:29

Dinner & a Chat with…Dank from Existence

http://www.ataleofmanyreviews.com/index ... existence/

:D

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 12 jan 2012, 13:32

Abbi, ko opisuje naslednjo knjigo v trilogiji:

Q: Could you tell us more about your next book?

A: Predestined is the next book in this trilogy. It picks up right where Existence leaves off. Without giving too much away for those who haven’t read it yet, the last sentence that has everyone yelling “WTF” at me on Twitter is immediately addressed in the beginning of Predestined. However, Dank has made a mistake in someone’s actual identity so things get a little wild from there. Here’s the blurb for it:

You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited.

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.

Although this is the next book in the Existence Trilogy it isn’t my next book to be released. I have a YA contemporary coming out on Valentine’s Day, Because of Low.

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 12 jan 2012, 17:15

Dank's POV from the bedroom scene :drools:

“I hate the color red almost as much as I hate blond hair.”
My need to reassure her was going to completely botch my plan to push her away. But watching her pout over my going to this stupid dance with Kendra was difficult. I didn’t like to be the reason she was unhappy. Couldn’t she see this was what was best for her? The frown on her face and range of emotions flashing in her eyes told me she didn’t believe me. As much as I needed to put distance between us, I couldn’t leave her like this.
Standing, I closed the distance between us. Just this once I’d forget why touching Pagan was wrong. As my chest brushed against her back, her small body shivered. Closing my eyes I bit back a curse. I wouldn’t be able to stop myself now. This was a form of control I’d never had to exercise. I wasn’t sure I even knew how. Wrapping my arms around her, I pressed her back firmly against my chest. Pleasure coursed through me and I tightened my hold. The fear that I’d never be able to release her now I’d held her, seeped into my thoughts.
“She means nothing to me.”
Her body trembled and my need to own her became unbearable.
“I would never lie to you, Pagan,” I whispered against her ear. She tilted her head back to stare up at me. Lowering my head I kissed the soft skin on the top of her ear. The smell of her skin was delicious. Unlike anything I’d ever experienced. I continued kissing the delicate skin along her face. Inhaling the intoxicating aroma it presented. My hands found her hips and I worried the fierce grip I had on her might bruise her. But I couldn’t force myself to relax my demanding hold.
“You tempt me. I can’t be tempted. I’m not made to be tempted but you, Pagan Moore, you tempt me. From the moment I came for you I was drawn in. Everything about you...” I needed to touch more of her. I ran a hand along the exposed skin on her arm. It heated under my touch. “You make me crazy with need. With want. I didn’t understand it at first. But now I know. It’s your soul calling to me. Souls mean nothing to me. They aren’t supposed to. But yours has become my obsession.” Instead of cowering away from me in fear, like a normal human would when Death was admitting to being obsessed with them, Pagan leaned against me full of trust. Her neck exposed as her head fell back on my shoulder. That skin would be warm and delicate. I lowered my head and kissed the gentle curve there. Enjoying the excitement of her racing pulse beneath my lips.
“I want to kill that boy every time I see his hands on you.” I trailed kisses up her neck as she shifted closer to me full of expectation. “I want to rip his arms from his body so he can’t touch you again.” Unable to hold back the growl inside of me caused by the possessive emotion that only Pagan had ever managed bring out of Death. This was wrong. I couldn't own her. I couldn’t have her. I was Death. She was human. I couldn’t claim her soul for myself. Agony ripped through me.
“But I can’t have you, Pagan. You’re not meant for me.” I whispered harshly. Wanting more than anything to change this. I needed to leave her. This was only going to hurt her more in the end. Picking her up, I cradled her against me for only a moment. Filing away the memory of how she felt wrapped up in my arms, then I laid her on the bed and quickly stood up. I couldn’t continue to touch her.
“Please,” she whispered.
I couldn’t witness the pleading etched on her face. Closing my eyes tightly I wanted to explain it all. Make her understand. But I couldn’t. The less she knew. The safer she was. So instead, I told her the only thing I could, “I can’t, Pagan. It would destroy us both.” Without opening my eyes to see her one last time, I vanished.

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan
Opravljen bralni izziv 2018

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 12 jan 2012, 17:29

men je bla tudi ful všeč knjiga! nisem vedla, da so tudi scene iz njegovega pov zunaj, ampak so mi všeč. druga knjiga pride (že) aprila. sem mislila, da bomo mogli ful dolgo čakat nanjo, glede na to, da je prva izšla decembra. edino, kar mi ni blo všeč je njegovo ime - ker spominja na del človeškega telesa, ki ni ravno romantičen :huhuhu: drgač pa naslovnica je ful lepa!
"Sticks and stones may build your homes, but words will lift your spirits."
Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 12 jan 2012, 18:55

sej v intervjuju, ki je objavljen zgori, pojasni svoje ime :)

Uporabnikov avatar
skyline
Werewolf

PrispevekNapisal/-a skyline » 20 jan 2012, 19:13

drum drum drum....

platnica za drugi del... like it a lot :thumbup:

Slika

Uporabnikov avatar
Morrigan

PrispevekNapisal/-a Morrigan » 20 jan 2012, 20:37

res je zelo lepa! sam če bi bil še tip zraven, na primer nekje v ozadju bi blo še boljše. da bi bla podobna prvi, sam da bi tle vidli njen obraz, ker v prvi njegovega, pa sta oba na platnici.
"Sticks and stones may build your homes, but words will lift your spirits."
Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban

Uporabnikov avatar
Ever
Fallen Angel
Kraj: Celje
Kontakt:

PrispevekNapisal/-a Ever » 20 jan 2012, 21:22

Se strinjam...meni je ful bedno, ko se platnice ne navezujejo al pa majo različne pisave al pa niso robi pravilno poravnani in tako dalje in tako dalje :D

Can't help myself :D
"She was fascinated with words. To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combined with other words to create powerful spells."

Vrni se na

Kdo je prisoten

Po forumu brska:: Ni registriranih uporabnikov in 1 gost